Ever feel like life’s challenges are bearing down on you, and you’re just not quite prepared enough to face them? Yeah, we all do.
But sometimes, it helps to remember that people have faced (and overcome) hard times for centuries, and the Bible is a treasure trove of verses offering guidance, reassurance, and inspiration to help us navigate even the toughest situations.
You may be wondering how to rely on some Bible quotes about survival in such uncertain, chaotic times. But when you’re in survival mode, turning to the wisdom found in the scriptures may offer that essential anchoring you need.
What’s remarkable is that, amidst the chaos and doubt, the Bible’s words of survival don’t just shed light on endurance and faith but also carry the weight of experience that has stood the test of time.
Eager to dive into these ageless verses that could potentially transform your perspective on life’s trials? Let’s get started!
In This Article
Bible Quotes About Survival for Tough Times
When facing tough times, look to these verses for strength and reassurance:
- Philippians 4:13: “I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.”
- Isaiah 41:10: “Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.”
- John 16:33: “I have said these things to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation. But take heart; I have overcome the world.”
- Psalm 46:1: “God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.”
- Psalm 23:4: “Even though I walk through the darkest valley, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me.”
- John 14:27: “Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.”
- Philippians 4:13: “I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.”
- Joshua 1:9: “Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go.”
- Isaiah 40:31: “But those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.”
- 1 Chronicles 16:11: “Seek the LORD and his strength; seek his presence continually!”
- Psalm 28:7: “The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in him, and he helps me. My heart leaps for joy, and with my song I praise him.”
Promises and Comfort in Difficult Times
These Bible verses are about God’s promises and the comfort of His presence that can help you through difficult times:
- Deuteronomy 31:6: “Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or tremble at them, for the Lord your God is the one who goes with you. He will not fail you or forsake you.”
- Matthew 11:28: “Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.”
- Psalm 34:18: “The LORD is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed.”
- Isaiah 41:10 Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.
- 2 Corinthians 1:3-4: “Blessed be the God and Father of our LORD Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our affliction, so that we may be able to comfort those who are in any affliction, with the comfort with which we ourselves are comforted by God.”
Trusting God During Uncertainty
In times of uncertainty, trust God’s guidance and plan for your life:
- Proverbs 3:5-6: “Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean unto thine own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make straight your paths.”
- Jeremiah 29:11: “For I know the thought that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not evil, to give you an expected end.”
- 2 Corinthians 5:7: “For we live by faith, not by sight.”
- Hebrews 11:1: “Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.”
- Mark 11:24: “Therefore I say unto you, what things soever ye desire, when ye pray, believe that ye receive them, and ye shall have them.”
- Matthew 17:20: “And Jesus said unto them, Because of your unbelief: for verily I say unto you, If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you.”
- James 1:12: “Blessed is the man that endureth temptation: for when he is tried, he shall receive the crown of life, which the LORD hath promised to them that love him.”
God’s Love and Support
Here are verses that will help you remember God’s love and support during the trials of life:
- Romans 8:28: “And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.”
- Isaiah 43:2: “When thou passest through the waters, I will be with thee; and through the rivers, they shall not overflow thee: when thou walkest through the fire, thou shalt not be burned; neither shall the flame kindle upon thee.”
Enduring Difficult Times
Here are some verses that provide valuable teachings for enduring adversity:
- Psalm 18:2: “The LORD is my rock, and my fortress and my deliverer; my God, my strength, in whom I will trust; my buckler, and the horn of my salvation, and my high tower.”
- Isaiah 40:31: “But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.”
- 2 Corinthians 4:8-9: “We are troubled on every side, yet not distressed; we are perplexed, but not in despair; Persecuted, but not forsaken; cast down, but not destroyed;”
- 1 Peter 5:10: “But the God of all grace, who hath called us unto his eternal glory by Christ Jesus, after that ye have suffered a while, make you perfect, stablish, strengthen, settle you.”
In the stormy seas of hardship, perseverance serves as our guiding lighthouse, helping us to navigate and endure. Let’s explore some verses that remind us of this thought:
- Romans 5:3-4: “And not only so, but we glory in tribulations also: knowing that tribulation worketh patience; And patience, experience; and experience, hope.”
- James 1:2-3: “Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance.”
- 1 Corinthians 10:13: “No temptation has overtaken you except what is common to mankind. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can endure it”
- Galatians 6:9: “Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up.”
Hope For A Better Future
Once the storm of hardship passes and you’ve successfully navigated through it, the hope for a brighter, better future naturally emerges. Let’s look at some Bible verses that inspire hope for better times ahead:
- Jeremiah 29:13: “You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.”
- Psalm 42:11: “Why, my soul, are you downcast? Why so disturbed within me? Put your hope in God, for I will yet praise him, my Savior and my God.”
- Jeremiah 29:11: “For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”
- Romans 8:18: “I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us.”
Guidance and Wisdom
Survival in tough times is not just about endurance, it’s also about guidance and wisdom to navigate the turbulent waters. Here are Bible verses that offer direction and insight during our hardest moments.
These scriptures remind us that we’re not alone in our journey, and that there’s a divine roadmap to help us find our way.
- James 1:5: “If any of you lacks wisdom, you should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will
be given to you.”
- Psalm 32:8: “I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will counsel you with my loving eye on you.”
- John 16:13: “But when he, the Spirit of truth, comes, he will guide you into all the truth.”
The Sovereignty of God
In the grand scheme of survival and resilience, God’s sovereignty offers a source of immense comfort and stability.
These verses serve as gentle reminders that our trials are never beyond His knowledge or reach.
Embracing the sovereignty of God during our hardships invites a sense of peace, knowing that our lives are part of a greater divine plan that is ultimately for our good.
- Romans 8:28: “And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.”
- Psalm 46:1-2: “God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble. Therefore we will not fear, though the earth gives way and the mountains fall into the heart of the sea.”
- Isaiah 55:8-9: “For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways,” declares the LORD. “As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts.”
Bible Verses To Grow Your Faith In God
One way to navigate tough times is to cultivate a deeper faith in God. Here, we’ll explore scripture passages that can strengthen your trust in the divine.
These verses remind us of God’s unwavering faithfulness and His ability to transform trials into blessings.
44. Psalm 46:10: “Be still, and know that I am God. I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth!”
45. Romans 10:9-10: “If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For with the heart one believes and is justified, and with the mouth one confesses and is saved.”
46. Galatians 2:16: “Yet we know that a person is not justified by works of the law but through faith in Jesus Christ, so we also have believed in Christ Jesus, in order to be justified by faith in Christ and not by works of the law, because by works of the law no one will be justified.”
47. James 5:14-16: “Is anyone among you sick? Let him call for the elders of the church, and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord. And the prayer of faith will save the one who is sick, and the Lord will raise him up. And if he has committed sins, he will be forgiven. Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous person is powerful and effective.”
48. Ephesians 3:16-17: “That according to the riches of his glory he may grant you to be strengthened with power through his Spirit in your inner being, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith—that you, being rooted and grounded in love.”
49. 1 Peter 1:7: “So that the tested genuineness of your faith—more precious than gold that perishes though it is tested by fire—may be found to result in praise and glory and honor at the revelation of Jesus Christ.
50. Hebrews 12:1-2: “Therefore, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us also lay aside every weight, and sin which clings so closely, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us, looking to Jesus, the founder and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is seated at the right hand of the throne of God.”
What Does The Bible Say About Survival?
The Bible has quite a lot to say about surviving tough times. It’s not about just gritting your teeth and bearing it. Instead, it’s about finding strength that’s bigger than what we could muster on our own, and that strength comes from faith in God.
The Bible has this comforting way of telling us that we’re not alone in tough times. It’s as if God is saying, “Hey, I’m here with you. Don’t stress out or be afraid.” It encourages us to lean on God when things get rough, reminding us that we’re not carrying these burdens alone.
But it’s not just about making it through the hard times. The Bible also talks about finding peace amidst the chaos.
Also, the Bible talks about hope. It reminds us that no matter how rough things get, hope keeps you going without losing heart.
According to the Bible, survival is not just about making it through the storm, it’s about dancing in the rain with faith in God, being at peace, and always having hope.
FAQs: Bible Quotes About Survival
How Can These Bible Quotes About Survival Help Me In Difficult Times?
Each of the verses highlighted in this article packs timeless wisdom and unique insights about navigating adversity. They serve as gentle yet powerful reminders of God’s unfaltering presence and His undying support during times when we’re tested.
It’s about a shift in perspective – from seeing an obstacle as a roadblock to viewing it as a stepping stone. These bible quotes about survival serve to spark hope, encourage resilience, foster faith, and stress the inner peace that comes from placing trust in God.
In a nutshell, they’re like a spiritual anchor, helping you hold your ground amid life’s most turbulent storms.
What About People Of Different Faiths? Will They Find These Verses Useful Too?
Absolutely! The beauty of these verses is that their wisdom transcends religious boundaries. Though these scriptures stem from the Christian Bible, they convey universally applicable messages of hope, resilience, faith, and peace.
That being said, it’s also essential to respect each person’s individual path and the wisdom they draw from their own faith traditions or personal philosophies. Every religion, belief system, and personal journey has its own rich reservoir of wisdom and guidance, providing strength and comfort in its unique way.
Are There More Bible Verses About Survival That Can Offer Help In Times Of Distress?
You bet! The Bible is like an ocean of wisdom with countless verses that can provide comfort, guidance, and strength.
While this article presents a select few, the Bible is brimming with more stories and verses that carry potent messages of hope, faith, and resilience.
So if you’re seeking further biblical guidance, exploring the Bible as a whole can offer a broader understanding and perhaps reveal verses that speak to you personally. It’s a journey of spiritual exploration that can offer endless comfort and inspiration.
Here is a book of 100 bible verses to help overcome worry and anxiety:
Key Takeaways: Bible Quotes About Survival
Throughout your journey in life, you will inevitably face difficult situations. In these moments, it’s crucial to remember that the Bible offers guidance to see us through these hard times.
God’s Word not only provides comfort but also gives us inspiration for navigating through these obstacles.
Sometimes, these trials can leave us feeling confused or lost, but turning to Bible quotes for survival and seeking guidance from the word of God will help us navigate through the garden of Eden we find ourselves in.
Just keep them close to your heart, and call on your heavenly Father whenever you feel overwhelmed.
Keep on doing good deeds, even when it’s difficult, remember to rely on God’s will, and trust in His love to guide you through times of difficulty.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Angie Montgomery is the co-founder of Monday Day Prepping. She and her husband Bill have been “prepper’s” since 2008. When she’s not helping manage the homestead, she enjoys teaching her two boys how to cook and make natural alternatives to cleaners and other household items.